I finally got around to finishing up a blouse from this pattern; I made a note of all the adjusting it needed as I went along. The collar in particular is the part that will most definitely need adjusting on any size, because it was very poorly drafted. I chose to make the collar stop right at the placket instead of continuing onto the middle of it-- the other alterations were just to tailor to my own pear shaped body, because apparently you must need large breasts for this pattern
This is also the first time ever using the machine to sew on buttons, which cut that time exponentially... now it remains to be seen if they're just as durable.
Looking at this, I notice I need to scootch my buttons so my plackets aligns a little better. Wish I had a simflex!
Here are my alterations notes for size 14:
- Bust dart needed about a 3 cm raise from original position, and a 2 cm increase in length
- Took in upper bodice pieces by a few cm total.
- Front darts decreased in width by about 2.5 cm
- Finish bottom seam, and reverse placket installation from instructions; makes a far cleaner right side.
- Baste on placket before attaching collar-- you can get a better gauge at where your collar should be sitting at. Remove basted placket after pinning collar; sew collar on.
One detail that cannot be changed but still irks me is the interfacing coming through the fabric and whitening it out a bit. I wonder if water soluble interfacing would be a better choice for sheer fabrics such as this very light cotton; I am wearing an undershirt, which is why it's opaque.